Melatonin is a hormone that is released from the pineal gland, a pea-sized endocrine gland located in the brain. Specific nutrients and other biochemical substances are required for the body to create melatonin, such as the amino acid tryptophan and the hormone serotonin, along with vitamin B6, folate, SAMe and iron. However, many people do not make enough melatonin, and therefore benefit from additional supplementation.
One of melatonin’s principal functions is to help regulate sleep by controlling our day and night biological rhythms, known as the ‘circadian rhythm’ or our 24-hour biological clock. Melatonin 6 mg (Slow Release) regulates the body’s sleep response when exposed to natural light. Our bodies release more melatonin in darkness to prepare for sleep, and less melatonin in daylight. Melatonin 6 mg (Slow Release) also supports healthy immune and stress responses and is an important antioxidant, which acts as an effective scavenger of free radicals.
Factors that may reduce the production of melatonin include:-
• Normal aging
• Poor sleeping habits, such as going to bed too late or sleeping during the day
• Inadequate darkness for the duration of the night
• Insufficient exposure to natural light during daytime
• Excessive mental stress
• High caffeine or alcohol consumption too close to bedtime
• Diet low in nutrients needed to create melatonin
• Inability to properly use the nutrients needed to create melatonin
As a dietary supplement, adults take one tablet (6 mg) twenty minutes before bedtime per day, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Note:- If pregnant or using a prescription drug, consult your health care practitioner. Do not take this product if you suffer from an autoimmune disease, depression, diabetes, or any endocrine disorders. Do not use this product while operating a motorized vehicle or heavy machinery.
Benefits of Melatonin 6 mg (Slow Release):-
• Regulates sleep and the body’s day/night rhythmic cycle
• Regulates body’s response from lack of natural light
• Helps alleviate jet lag
• May help stimulate the immune response
• Supports a healthy level of stress hormones
• Supports healthy antioxidant functions